Today is Veteran’s day. My husband called his grandfather and shared his little celebration of his veteran time because he is a Captain in the United States Marines and he was retired so long ago. My husband felt that calling his grandfather was worth it. Not only that, today was also his grandfather’s birthday. For me – I have a lot of cousins who are US Army soldiers and Navy, I paid my respect to them.
At home, I continued writing over 10,000 words for my first novel. It was an amazing experience for me to continue writing my book. I felt like that I needed to take a break from writing my first novel because I had been writing blog posts and my novel at the same time. It was a little frustrating for me as I needed to spend my time with my boys and husband, my two sons had no school today. My husband had to go to work, I needed to find something that felt enjoyable with my sons, but they had to go to football practice on Veteran’s Day! It really annoyed me because I felt that it was not right for them to attend football practice while the school’s off for Veteran’s Day, you know what I mean?
In the meantime, I needed to do something at home while my two teen sons were in football practice for their playoff games and my husband was working. How about watching movies?
I must admit that I watched different kinds of military movies many times as long as I feel that all military movies I had seen are dramatically dull and emotionally crazy. I have to find something to watch, maybe a romantic drama movie?
… Have you seen the movie, Sweet November? It’s perfect movie for this month now.
Title: Sweet November
Starring: Keanu Reeves and Charlize Theron
Directed by: Pat O’ Conner
Movie Ratings: 4 stars
Movie Description: Nelson Moss (Keanu Reeves) and Sara Deever (Charlize Theron) have nothing in common except an hour spent in DMV hell. Intrigued by each other, but not quite ready to commit, they settle on a rather unconventional courtship: a one-month trial, after which they’ll go their separate ways. No expectations. No pressure. No strings attached. What neither of them counts on is falling in love.
While being alone in my bedroom, I watched the movie – Sweet November. It was inspiring love story between two people. I had seen this movie many times. But, this movie made me feel emotional.
What I Liked About This Movie
I loved that movie. I loved both actors, Keanu Reeves and Charlize Theron. They worked together twice now. The other movie they were in was The Devil’s Advocate. Have you seen that movie before? If not, you should have seen this.
- I admired that Nelson (Kevin) and Sara (Charlize) met in the middle of the DMV. At the same time, Nelson was fired from his stressful job and he was dumped by his long time girlfriend who lived with him in his apartment. Sara begged him to spend more time with her for one month, he accepted.
- I loved what Sara taught Nelson about the happiest life, he realized the life changing experience was worth it.
- I liked that Nelson came to surprise Sara in the middle of Thanksgiving dinner with her friends and neighbors. He tried his best to make Sara feel better.
What I Disliked About This Movie
Truthfully, I hate to see the ending of this movie. It did not make any sense to me since I last saw the part of that, Sara chose to not share her life with Nelson anymore in order to avoid hurting Nelson even though she had terminal cancer and might face her experiences of her last days. She could not stand her guilt in the hurt she caused for her beloved Nelson.
- I disliked when Nelson left Sara for his meeting in the restaurant, he met an investor about his advertising company and insulted the waitress.
- I disliked that Nelson’s best buddy pushed him to focus on his fabulous career instead of Sara, Nelson shouldn’t had left Sara in her apartment.
- I disliked how Sara betrayed Nelson by not sharing her honesty about her terminal cancer since his feelings for her was more deep than she thought. The relationship between Nelson and Sara should be on the based on honest communication and love.
And – that’s why I gave 4 Stars for Sweet November movie.
Watch This Trailer: