Happy Tuesday! Do you know that what is Champorado? It is like chocolate rice pudding! It is traditionally from Filipino food.
Yummy! Champorado is sweet chocolate rice! So, my sons love to eat Champorado when they grow up, just like when I was a little girl who loved it, too. I want to share my simple recipe with you.
When I was a little girl, my grandmother made champorado for me. Tasting chocolate rice was fabulously delicious! I could not help it! Until I was a teenage girl, I decided to make it my own. Unfortunately, my own champorado was totally terrible. Oh, geez! I asked my mother to teach me how to cook real sweet chocolate rice. While cooking the devilish chocolate rice, I realized that I forgot to add more sugar. Thanks to my mother, anyway.
- 1 cup of white rice (any brands)
- ½ cup of Hershey’s Cocoa Mix
- 4 – 6 packages of Nestle’s Hot Cocoa
- ¼ cup of cane sugar (optional)
- 6 cups of water
- Combine the water and white rice and cook the rice on medium heat until it becomes soft. If the rice is dried, you need to add water.
- Add the rest of all. Stir it up continually.
- If you test it tastefully but you are not satisfied, try adding extra sugar.
After it is done, pour some chocolate rice in your favorite bowl. You can add cold milk or sweet condensed milk to taste better. You will love chocolate! I bet that you will enjoy this.
If you have already tried this before, what did you think of my homemade champorado?
P.S. I’m linking up this post in some of these incredible parties.